Sunday, September 12, 2010

When Everything Feels Like The Movies

Years ago, when someone had told me 'Life reflects the cinema'... 'Movies are born out of realities' was my first instinct. But, today when I look around, it makes me wonder, Really!??


Either the cinema has gotten deep down in the veins of reality or the lives today are so much entangled with the cinema that every moment in the real life appears to be a scene from a freshly out movie. So, to say...
Life does reflect cinema in this age.


Few days back, a friend told me the story that how he went to his girl's house and told her mother how much he loved her and blah blah.... Man, where does this happen in the real life? Isn't this the scene from every second Bollywood flick!? But, all I could do was to make faces in surprise and shock and helplessness, for, I couldn't laugh on his face even though I really wanted to.. ;)


Yes, these movies do influence lives, and so much, that every action, reaction, advice or suggestions made by my friends look like stolen from some or the other flick! 


Let others be... if I look back at my own life, it's no less than a full fledged Bollywood saga, whether it's about the filmy anger I take out at home, or thinking of all the nonsensical ideas on my girl getting married or telling everyone 'Mere pyaar ki shaadi hai' badly influenced by a bad movie! 

Maybe these things do happen in normality, but the way everything is projected in the movies, it makes it all look like nothing but a exaggerated fake of what life is. 

So, why am I even writing about all this?
So that when next time I deliver a dialog to a friend, I'd think 'this is normal, movies are nothing but a reflection of reality' ;)



0 comments:

Post a Comment