Friday, July 08, 2011

Afterglow

Dark and dead. 
Lights out. 
Blink of an eye.
Flashback!

Here I am, lost in the light of the moon  
Bathed in blue, the walls of my memory divide the thorns from the roses

It is you that am thinking of tonight. I do everyday, but it's never enough! There are too many moments I want to remind myself. Wasn't it the best time! I wonder every night, and it feels new each time.

It's you and the roses

It's like an endless loop. The memories. How much can those seven days possibly hold? And am amused by the reminiscence. It's like holding on tight what has already gone. It's only in the mind, that it has stayed... forever!

Touch me and I will follow in your afterglow

I can not even trace back the last time I touched you, saw or heard you. I fear every night; fear that I would forget how you sounded, or how it felt to be near you. But I shut my eyes and the fear is gone for, it feels like only yesterday. 
It was only yesterday in fact. How could I let it go after all!

Here I am, lost in the ashes of time, but who wants tomorrow?

Tomorrow is no future it seems, I don't even know what is there in today! Living in the past feels perfectly alright. Each blink of an eye gives me a memory to breathe. 
The first sight. Love. 
Blink!
Your voice. Bliss.
Blink!
The next seven days. Heaven. Forever.
I live in those seven days.


In between the longing to hold you again
I'm caught in your shadow
I'm losing control

Past. However sweet it might be. The 'perfect week' three years back, I can live it forever. I want to. Pining to see you again, wanting to spend several such perfect weeks. 
Longing to hold you again.
Lost in the ashes of time, but who wants tomorrow?
Yet, I can live with it. You are here. You are the memories.


Touch me and I will follow in your afterglow
Heal me from all this sorrow
As I let you go 

I will find my way
I will sacrifice 'til the blinding day
When I see your eyes


Letting go isn't easy, or possible it seems.
Yet, there's no bringing back those golden days. There is not going to be a 'better' than those 604800 moments, but I shall await, hoping for an 'equivalent' at least!


Now I'm living...
In your afterglow!




1 comments:

Aadam said...

"holding on tight what has already gone!"
this post can very easily be for me. in fact i read through the whole thing thinking its my post. i can identify with it so well, looks like i've written it.

Post a Comment