Sunday, August 05, 2012

Do I Need It?

So it's the first Sunday of the August, and everyone's yelling 'Happy Friendship Day' at the top of their voices. I wonder what is so different about the day? I have never understood the concept of it, why do you need some first Sunday to celebrate friendship as such! I know I have always been blabbering about how I have the bestest friends on Earth, and all, and I should probably be screaming celebrations, 'Happy Friendship Day'-ing each one of them, but I don't. If anything, I find it all a bit pretentious. It is not a day to celebrate friendship, it might as well be one to remind you 'Oh! Yes, I have friends!' and isn't that a bit sad? I guess, it is. So, I am obediently replying to all those texts and emails, but to the ones I am friends to, in the best possible way, each day is one Friendship Day.


0 comments:

Post a Comment