Monday, August 05, 2013

Best Laid Plans...

You don't like it in the shadows
You won't let me shine a light

It is against everything I stand for. It is clouded by confusion. What do you want me to do? And, why? Why can't there be just one solution? I am tired.. by these questions, for am not looking for an answer and yet there they are, so many! 

I would wash away your troubles

If I look right, or did right. But then, 'right' is not compatible with me.

But it seems ...

The more that I hold on
The more that you let go

This is not what I planned. Or, maybe I did. Plans are not my strongest suit.

Tell me why all the best laid plans
Fall apart... 

In your hands

If it weren't for the promises I made, maybe I'd stop one day. Maybe... But you wouldn't let me. You have a remedy to keep the promises that were once mine. I am trying to take it all back, and yet I can't. Something tells me it's all going to be okay, someday perhaps; and so, I wait...

And my good intentions never end,
The way I meant 
 


This is the time when I should be losing it all. I ought to make less promises, and keep more. I am at my wits' end, and you ask me to remain calm, to not look back... to wait, for a future that's mine..

If we don't talk about the future
Then should I just, follow you into the dark?


I ought to keep more of my promises, and you need to make less of yours. I am blinded by everything that I have failed at, and yet I am ready to be blinded again. This dilemma is itself the solution; when I know I shouldn't be losing faith... I shouldn't be having a hope!

Yeah, and does your silence keep you cold
While the cracks form on my heart?


I wouldn't let this happen again, but what choice do I have. You are after all, the one thing that's closest to what I break down to. This is pure torture, to not give up, after all that's happened and before everything I know would come. I am finding it hard to lose the faith, to quit the hope and to just give up on you. You have your ways of working wonders even though it doesn't serve me peace, it doesn't answer my questions, but still somehow it's all the promises that you have made and kept. I swore to not keep holding to what's gone, and yet all these visions of a distant future keeps me stable, keeps me in the past; like the present hasn't happened. 

It seems to me some fine friends have watched you turn your back
It seems you only want the things that you can't have. 
 


This is the working principle of your world; wanting things you can't have, you won't have! I have probably fallen for it.. the promise that there is nothing which you can't have. You have your own ways and... I have mine.

It's only that....







...all the best laid plans fall apart 

0 comments:

Post a Comment