Monday, February 08, 2016

What is Normal?





I remember meeting you in a life that was fair, and happy. Oh! I remember that. All that happiness, and the lack of efforts. What happened to all of that? Why has it become so difficult to look you in the eye, and tell you, everything there is not, to life without you! Why can we not stand this eerie silence anymore? I remember how words were not needed back then. I remember the happiness that came with every time my eye blinked, looking at you. It all seems like a long distant past, but somehow it's still a part of my present. While you're not..


Happiness has become such an elusive term now, what with the ever increasing pressure to pretend to be okay and happy. It is almost impossible to be unhappy in this perfect little setup, where, all these questions hover around and tear you apart. I remember being that, and was still okay with it. Why is it that I can no longer be glum, without having a tinge of pretense to it. And then there is this happiness, which is almost alien to everyone now. Nothing makes anyone happy. It's as if we fear it; we are scared that happiness is a torment in disguise. Where did the normalcy disappear? 

But then again, what is normal? To you, it's you; to me, it's me. We all live in a world that is not normal. Then how exactly are you? You cannot question my inability to detach myself with what is gone. I cannot question your saying there never was a past. We are but a part of the same page, only our books are different!

And I do remember it all.. Oh! I remember everything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment