Friday, June 20, 2014

Diary of a Dead Man..

It had been too long now. I couldn't open my eyes. I was struggling; struggling hard, and then I realized, my eyes were open already. I blinked twice to check, and then the third time. Yes, I was seeing; seeing 'dark'. I could see nothing but darkness. But the black was darker than the usual, I began to worry. When was the last time I 'saw' anything?, I wondered, but there was nothing but darkness, even inside my head. 

That silhouette was the first vision, hours later when I had given up all the hope of seeing again. It was moving in a synchronous motion, in combination with those beeps that now were audible somewhere far. I wanted to hold it, but couldn't. It was becoming more clear now, and soon it turned into a woman clad in white. Either the white was extremely bright, or it were my eyes, but the white was blinding my vision. I didn't want to lose what I had just gotten, I focused hard but in vain. It was all dark again, the beeps turned into a continuous unending screeching noise. I wanted to jump out of the bed, that I now realized wasn't where I had slept last night. Where am I?, the first time my mind ticked. I looked around, trying to identify where I was, but I was surrounded by a deep darkness. The black turned darker; I was amused, even black had shades. 

I wanted to shout. I wanted to cry. But everything was mute, either that or I failed to hear myself. A smile I saw; they were the eyes I knew too well. And then the smile turned in to a nothing, all gone.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment