Friday, October 19, 2012

Kya Khayal Hai...

Dhadkano ki taal baaje
Saanson ka iktara...  

There is something to this day, it is not just any day. It marks something special... I am almost needed to look seven years back and... well, miss everything!


Dhadkano ki taal baaje
Saanson ka iktara...
Aangan mein sajaye baithe
Suraj chanda taara...

There's a huge difference in that Wednesday of October, 2005 and this Friday today. To be honest, they almost feel like the two days of the same week. And yet, so much has changed. If I hadn't lived the last seven years, I could almost expect today the same as it is, after the Wednesday that was. And, despite having lived these years, I am elated to feel that the difference is only like any other 48 hours change that we see on a regular basis. 

Chalo baant lein hum zindagi
Zara aaj yun kar lein
Kaho kya khayal hai...
 
Yes, I want it to be the same, and no matter how hard I tried, it wouldn't ever be. Some damages are irreparable. And yet, I am happy these seven years happened, and hopefully there will be several other seven years to it. No matter how different things look like, I am actually happy that these things at least exist, and thankfully did not fall apart with the passage of time. So, when I see the differences, I am relieved, knowing how much worse it could have been. A damaged existence is at least better than inexistence!

Chalo baant lein hum zindagi
Zara aaj yun kar lein
Kaho kya khayaal hai...

Aap se do baat kar lein
Yaadon ko jebon mein bhar lein
Aaye hain hum kuch dino ke baad...

For the friendship that has survived the tests of time, and no matter how blurred the bonds have become, shall survive several similar ones in the future. 

Yaaron ki saubat mein aake
Dheere se kuch gunguna ke
Yuhin kat jaate hain din aur raat
...
 
Dhadkano ki taal baaje
Saanson ka iktara... 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment