Saturday, November 03, 2012

The Escape...

I had already accustomed myself with the weird noises that this machine was making, but there are far more delighting noises coming from outside. It isn’t a noise, it is a musical accord rather. It has gone on for several minutes, but I had decided to ignore it long back; too lazy to get up and check. But the creaky noises that the door now had started creating made me jump. I wasn’t scared, but excited. So I was right! It is after all, the rainstorm. The laptop I was using for hours now had already fallen short of measures to entertain me, so the storm is undoubtedly cheering.

The colors outside the windows have changed to deep and dark hue of the blues from the last time I checked outside. The last time was almost three hours back. Damn the laziness and internet! 

It wasn’t raining when I first stood in the semi open entrance to this house on the eighteenth floor. It is only the spatters, but I love them just perfect. The flawless blend of the lightning with the dazed sounds from above, and the water spray that wet my face, is indeed a good break from the internet surfing. The rains come rather as a surprise, a change from the otherwise conventional weather of this November. But it isn’t the weather change that I am jubilating; it is a personal euphoria!

It is a beautiful place, this town, far away from the hustle-bustle of my city. This is just a personal getaway, an attempt to hide from everything chaotic that has been happening around lately. I am almost missing some people who would have changed this entire experience of getting away from home, but then, it would also defeat the purpose of my escape from the city; solitude. 

The rains are unexpected, in this month, and in this place. But then, it cheers me up, so logically, it doesn't matter what month, or what place this is. I haven't found a solution to my escape yet, but somehow this feels right. This two bedroom apartment in the middle of nowhere is somehow the perfect place to be right now. But this won't last forever. The rains will stop soon. The euphoria will end, soon. And despite knowing the arrival of this 'soon', this escape from the city, its people, and everything... was worth it! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment